Monday, January 12, 2009

Introduction

Hi, my name is Patrick Hartmann and I'm taking the class because it's a requirement to get into San Francisco State but more importantly I love English and am excited to start the new semester!

I've almost completed my Associates Degree attending Sierra College at the Truckee campus, just up the road from Rocklin. I decided to try an online course, to help put aside time for work and other activities, as well as learning through a new medium like the internet. I'm very enthuasitic about this subject and getting to know all my classmates!

I have a few authors that I perfer reading, such as Cormac McCarthy, Joesph Conrad, Fredrich Nietzche, Daniel Pinchbeck and many others.

I'm looking forward to the learning and work that lies ahead!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Love the enthusiasm. Also, love your choice of authors. So, I am assuming you've read Heart of Darkness already. Glad to hear it if so, because it truly takes a few reads before you catch all the brilliance. I still find new elements everytime and I've read it nearly 10 times already!
    Just finished The Road by McCarthy--my mind is still reeling over the imagery.

    ReplyDelete